Assistant professor / lecturer
UNIL is a leading international teaching and research institution, with over 5,000 employees and 15,500 students split between its Dorigny campus, CHUV and Epalinges. As an employer, UNIL encourages excellence, individual recognition and responsibility.
The Swiss Graduate School of Public Administration (IDHEAP) is Switzerland’s primary interdisciplinary school of university-level teaching, research and expertise dedicated entirely to public sector issues.
Sports’ place in our society has evolved significantly, to the point of becoming a prominent issue of public concern. IDHEAP has carried out considerable activities in the organisation of sporting events and competitions and has developed numerous contacts in the world of sports, including in the governance of national and international sports organisations. In view of its successes to date, IDHEAP wishes to maintain and develop its wealth of experience and competencies in this domain.
IDHEAP, part of the faculty of law, criminal justice and public administration of the University of Lausanne is seeking to recruit
a full-time (100%) Assistant Professor of Sports Regulation
- Carrying out applied research in the field of sports, primarily quantitative research associated with the current challenges facing this domain;
- Teaching different IDHEAP courses, particularly its continuing education programmes;
- Advising and consulting for the leaders of international sports organisations and administrative bodies.
- A doctorate in economics, management sciences or public management, with an orientation associated with the current challenges facing the world of sports;
- Excellent skills in quantitative approaches (e.g. econometrics);
- A demonstrated capacity to publish in high impact, international, scientific peer-reviewed journals in the field of sports;
- The necessary skills to secure funding and conduct research projects and to advise public and parapublic organisations in the field of sports;
- An excellent command of English and fluency in French.
A pleasant working environment in a multicultural and diverse academic setting that offers a multitude of activities and other benefits. More information on www.unil.ch/carrieres
Starting date: 01.08.2021 or by agreement
Contract length: 2 years, renewable once
Rate of activity: 100%
Workplace: Lausanne Dorigny
Further information may be obtained from Prof. Andreas Ladner, Director of IDHEAP, University of Lausanne: email@example.com, phone number: 0041 21 69268 60.
Your application dossier
Application deadline: 6.07.2020
Applications must be done on-line via our website, www.unil.ch/carrieres/emplois, and should include an exhaustive application dossier (a detailed academic CV with a description of your research interests, a list of publications and examples of your research work—ZIP, Word and PDF files are acceptable) as well as the names and addresses of a maximum of three referees. Only candidatures received via our website will be considered. Thank you for your understanding.
UNIL is committed to equal opportunities and diversity.
UNIL supports early career researchers.
Assistant professor / lecturer
Quartier UNIL - Mouline
1015 Lausanne , Switzerland