Mid-level industry position
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm) As a Telephonic Transplant Nurse Case Manager RN, you will drive positive outcomes by supporting a diverse member population with education, advocacy and the connections to the resources they need. This is a telecommute / work from home position. You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges. Prefer CST or EST locations. Primary Responsibilities:
- Identifying gaps or barriers in treatment plans
- Providing patient education to assist with self-management
- Interacting with Medical Directors on challenging cases
- Coordinating care for members
- Coordinating services as needed (home health, DME, etc.)
- Educating members on disease processes
- Encouraging members to make healthy lifestyle changes
- Documenting and tracking findings
- Making welcome home calls to ensure that discharged member receive the necessary services and resources
This position will require active and unrestricted Nursing licensure in multiple US States. Selected candidate must be willing and able to obtain and maintain multiple state licensure. (Application fees and filing costs paid for by UHG) Required Qualifications:
- Current, unrestricted RN license in your state of residence
- 2+ years of experience as an RN in a hospital setting, acute care, direct care experience or experience as a telephonic Case Manager for an insurance company
- Basic level of experience with Microsoft Word, with the ability to navigate a Windows environment
- Multiple state licensure (in addition to Compact License if applicable) or ability to obtain multiple state nursing licenses required
- Access to high speed internet from home
- A dedicated workspace from home
- 1+ year of Transplant experience working as an RN
- A background in managed care (MCO) or insurance setting
- NCQA experience
- Strong organizational skills and multitasking abilities will be keys to success
Answer the call to use your diverse knowledge and experience to make health care work better for our patients. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy. Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
- Job FamilyNursing
Job Location Information
- affordable and quality health care should be available to everyone.
The fraudulent emails, which do not originate from any of UnitedHealth Group’s email domains, or those of any of its operating divisions, supposedly ask recipients to contact the sender to start the company’s hiring process by downloading software and/or requesting a fee. UnitedHealth Group will never request you download software or pay a fee of any sort to explore employment opportunities with our company.
If you wish to verify the legitimacy of any email purporting to have been sent by or on behalf of UnitedHealth Group recruiters, please call 1-800-561-0861 between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. CT, Monday - Friday, for assistance. You also may inquire via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2019 Optum Global Solutions (Ireland) Limited. All rights reserved.
UnitedHealth Group is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or accommodation for any part of the application process, or you encounter technical difficulties, please call 1-800-561-0861 between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. CT, Monday - Friday, for assistance.
UnitedHealth Group is a registered service mark of UnitedHealth Group, Inc. The UnitedHealth Group name with the dimensional logo, as well as the dimensional logo alone, are both service marks for the UnitedHealth Group, Inc.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Mid-level industry position