Executive / senior industry position
Purpose and Passion • Comprehensive Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose—improving lives through your life’s work.
About the role:
- Responsible to lead a team of software and firmware test engineers for complex customer systems and/or preparing studies and analyzing existing systems.
- Participate as a member of our hardware systems team for electronic medical equipment systems supporting multiple BSC divisions.
- Utilize a variety of new and proven technologies to test life-changing systems to patients and clinicians in support of BSC’s mission.
- The position includes a variety of sustaining engineering and new product development opportunities.
Your responsibilities include:
- Designs, defines, updates, implements and tests firmware test protocols by using current firmware engineering test methods and technologies.
- Documents firmware test plans, results, reports and memos. Methods used are determined by approved procedures and standards.
- Tracks firmware test engineering effort by creating and maintaining records in the approved tracking management tool.
- Communicates status and priority to the test team and management.
- Collaborates with firmware, system, hardware and software engineers to provide meaningful innovation
- Continuously improves process and work methodologies by interfacing with peers/cross-functional groups and analyzing activities to improve workflow and work processes.
- Prepare studies to analyze new and existing systems.
- Leadership experience of teams sized from 3-7 other engineers
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent engineering field: Bachelors with 5-8 years experience Or Masters with 3-5 year experience
- Excellent core firmware test engineering skills and Relevant industry experience
- Excellent Analytical Skills
- Travel can be up to 20% to BSC divisions and clinics
- Experience with medical device electronics and systems – preferably in Electrophysiology or Cardiac Rhythm Management
- Test development experience with internally developed or off the shelf test tools
- Strong communications and time management abilities
- Development experience with global teams
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you’re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there’s no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran