Sales Planning Analyst
Apotex is a proudly Canadian, global pharmaceutical company that produces high-quality, affordable medicines (both generic and innovative pharmaceuticals) for patients around the world. We are the 7th largest generic pharmaceutical company globally with more than 12,000 employees and estimated sales of approximately $3 billion. Our fully integrated operation is comprised of four lines of business: Global Generics; Apobiologix; Global Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API); and ApoPharma (Innovative Products). With our worldwide manufacturing sites, Apotex can produce up to 24 billion dosages per year. We produce 300 medicines in 4,000 dosages and formats that are exported to 115 countries. Apotex will spend $2 billion over the next 10 years on research and development.
We are looking for a strong and dynamic Sales Planning Analyst to join our team. The right candidate will be part of the Sales Planning team — a team that is composed of passionate individuals who are driven to continuous improvement and success.
Reporting to the Manager of Sales Planning, the Sales Planning Analyst is responsible for providing objectives and in-depth analysis to the Commercial Finance Team and Key Account Managers on Territory and Rep level financial performance and target compliance. In addition, the Sales Planning Analyst is responsible for developing a system to support the delivery of information to the end customers, assisting in business decisions making activities and providing highly specialized analytics and performance reporting.
- Monthly and quarterly financial analysis for the Canadian Key Account segment, identifying areas requiring attention through management reports. Recommends remedial action.
- Responsible for the monthly and quarterly financial analysis and reconciliation of Rep Target performance as established in the Budget submission / Latest Forecast.
- Identifies and develops initiation to support systems and analytical tools implementations to increase automation and improves productivity
- Responsible for the coordination and analysis of the Canadian business annual budget offering an in-depth and business-focused perspective with respect to performance. Uses best practices and benchmarking in target setting initiatives to guide management.
- Liaise with executives to establish new analytical techniques and best practices.
- Supports on-going RFP, tenders and contract negotiation activities.
- Utilizes advanced analytical techniques to identify and recommend profitability improvement initiatives to the Canadian business.
- Responds to highly complex queries from internal clients with respect to profit management issues.
- University Degree in Business, Accounting or relevant field. Accounting Professional Designation preferred.
- Minimum 3 years pharmaceutical or business experience, including Advanced data analytics, Forecasting, financial analysis, statistical modeling and analytics.
- Knowledge of a sales organization’s business processes is required for this role.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, including pivot table, VLOOKUP, formulas).
- Must have CPG (Consumer Packaging Goods) experience; experience in the Pharma industry would be a definite asset.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills combined with Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
At Apotex, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. Apotex offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
Mid-level industry position