Mid-level industry position
Share this Job
Date: Mar 27, 2019
Company: Boston Scientific
Purpose and Passion • Comprehensive Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose—improving lives through your life’s work.
Regulatory Affairs Specialist is responsible for activities which lead to, and maintain regulatory approval to market devices. Additionally, the Regulatory Affairs Specialist is responsible for assessment of device changes for regulatory implications, and also ensures continued compliance with regulatory agency approvals.
Responsibilities will include:
- Reviews and signs-off on product and manufacturing changes for compliance with applicable regulations
- Provides technical guidance and regulatory training/mentoring to cross-functional teams.
- Acts as company representative, developing and maintaining positive relationships with device reviewers through oral and written communications regarding submission strategy/regulatory pathway development, testing requirements, clarification and follow-up of submissions under review.
- Develops and implements regulatory strategies for new and modified products.
- Acts as a core member on manufacturing and development teams, providing regulatory feedback and guidance throughout the product development cycle, and coordinating team inputs for submissions.
- Establish and support a work environment of continuous improvement that supports BSC’s Quality Policy, Quality System and the appropriate regulations for the area they support.
- Ensures appropriate training is maintained to do the work and training is documented.
Minimum qualifications/ and experience:
- U.S. and/or International medical device submissions experience
- 2 – 5+ years regulatory affairs experience or related experience in medical device industry
- Working knowledge of FDA and international regulations
- General understanding of product development process and design control
- Ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and simply both orally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Basic understanding of medical device regulations
- Basic submission and presentation related computer skills, including experience with the software applications Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Previous experience with Class II and/or Class III medical devices submissions is desired
- Experience working directly with FDA, notified bodies and/or international health authorities is desired.
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you’re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there’s no better place to make it happen.
Find similar jobs:
Mid-level industry position