Mid-level industry position
Under minimum supervision or direction, works closely with R&D and Manufacturing in the development of robust, capable, cost effective & safe manufacturing processes to support transfer of new products & processes into commercial production.
- Initiates and completes technical activities leading to new or improved products or process, for next generation programs and to meet strategic goals and objectives of the company. Prepares reports, publishes, and makes presentations to communicate findings.
- Researches, develops, designs, and evaluates mechanical and electro-mechanical processes and/or equipment.
- Analyses and solves problems from basic engineering principles, theories and concepts through to a wide range of complex and advanced problems which require novel and new innovative approaches or a breakthrough in technology.
- Demonstrates good working knowledge of DMAIC tools and applies these tools in the characterization, optimization and troubleshooting of process equipment and technology performance.
- Introduces new processes, equipment and materials including installation, calibration, EHS assessment debug, and all associated process and quality system documentation requirements including technical and process work instructions.
- Demonstrates advanced technical expertise on process/product technologies to support design, optimisation, validation and troubleshooting of those technologies, equipment or materials.
- Demonstrates good working knowledge and application of Processes and equipment validation techniques, PFMEA’s, and associated regulatory requirements and applies this knowledge in the support of efficient & timely validation of equipment and processes.
- Develops and supports more junior engineers in writing and release of process validation documentation including FMEA's, Validation Plans, protocols and reports.
- Cultivates internal and external network of resources to complete tasks. May lead a project team, determining goals and objectives for the projects.
- Interacts cross functionally and with internal and external customers. Serves as a consultant for engineering or scientific interpretations and advice on significant matters.
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you’re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there’s no better place to make it happen.