- Full participation in all components for BORN compliance/approval and ACEN accreditation including the Systematic Evaluation Plan (SEP).
- Full participation in the development, revision and maintenance of the nursing curriculum.
- Assist in data collection, analysis and aggregation of end-of-program student learning outcomes and program outcomes to establish informed decision making.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate policies that are consistent with the regulations of the parent institution, or with differences that are justified by the goals of the program.
- Application of the NCLEX-RN and NCLEX-PN test plans in curriculum and test writing. Well developed test writing skills in NCLEX format.
- Participates in shared governance and attends regularly scheduled meetings for HCC Committees and Nursing Department Committees.
- Knowledge of concept-based curriculum development and revisions including identifying program outcomes, developing competency statements, writing learning objectives, and selecting appropriate learning activities and evaluation strategies.
- Works effectively as part of the overall department demonstrating positive interpersonal relations, communication, collaborating with other faculty members to meet department and student needs.
- Contributes to the development and evaluation of student admission, progression, retention and graduation policies of the College.
- Model professional behaviors for learners including, encouragement of an atmosphere conducive to multicultural learners and nursing student success.
- Engage in effective advisement of students by providing strategies that assist the learner to meet their professional goals.
- Actively supports Nursing Success Team (NST) which is designed to recruit, maintain, and support nursing students and nursing program's graduates.
- Theory preparation utilizing a wide variety of teaching methodologies including informational technologies (moodle platform), and active learning strategies for the integrated classroom for the ASN and PN students.
- Maintain clinical expertise in area of specialization with ongoing continuing education and/or field work.
- Assigns, supervises, plans experiences and evaluates students in practice learning environments based on student learning outcomes.
- Assures safe nursing care is provided for an individuals or group of individuals.
- Promotes working relationships with practice learning environments for student learning experiences.
- Creates college laboratory learning experiences, to include hi and low-fidelity simulation, for student demonstration and evaluation of clinical nursing skills and student learning outcomes.
- Maintains faculty requirements and faculty file updates annually. (CORI/SORI, drug screening, fingerprinting, MA RN license verification, liability and health insurance, MA DPH Health requirements, physical exam, evidence of scholarship, and CPR certification)
- Additional duties as required by the college.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Master's degree in Nursing--eligible for unencumbered Massachusetts license; MA licensed by time of hire; minimum five years full-time clinical nursing experience or its equivalent within the last eight years; evidence of clinical competence in the area of clinical instruction; commitment to support underrepresented students in nursing; acute care medical surgical nursing experience; ability to demonstrate teaching skills including the use of interactive and varied pedagogical strategies; teaching experience in higher education; confident and comfortable with technology based instruction including online course work; commitment to teaching a student body diversity in abilities, age, ethnicity, race and sexual orientation; and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty and staff.
Faculty / asst. prof. / lecturer
303 Homestead Ave, Holyoke, MA 01040
Holyoke , United States