Mid-level industry position
PolyOne Corporation (NYSE:POL), is an award-winning workplace because of the value we place on our people and their contributions through, recognition programs, competitive pay, community involvement, and opportunities to grow professionally and personally. We have a proven track record of promoting from within by providing professional development opportunities. We are a $3 billion world-class, global provider of polymer solutions with our materials used in everyday products ranging from sports equipment to medical devices to electronics and more. With approximately 6,000 global associates and 70+ facilities around the world, we collaborate closely with our customers to deliver innovative products and services. If you like to be challenged in a fast-paced, team environment and to work with top, innovative talent, then PolyOne is the ideal company for you to build a career.
The purpose of the Customer Service function is to serve as the face to the customer providing value added services that grow our business. In accordance with PolyOne’s Mission, Vision and customer segmentation guidelines, maintain and grow existing customer base by providing fast, right, cost-efficient and hassle-free customer service. This position will also provide knowledge and ongoing support to CSRs by maintaining the “expert user” role for the customer service department. This role is a key leadership position in overseeing task performance of the CSR team. This position can be based in either Romeoville, IL or Avon Lake, OH.
- Human Resource responsibility for direct reports. Includes performance evaluations, management of personnel related issues, implementation of performance plans, coordination of personnel changes, mentoring and coaching. Budget responsibility.
- Oversee daily operations of the customer service department.
- Develop and manage new order management processes for the new multi business unit sales team.
- Management of all exceptions related to order processing and fulfillment.
- Responsible for setting and achieving goals for the group and its individuals with support from Supply Chain Manager and other functions.
- Responsible to drive continuous improvement for the group, as well as for the order fulfillment process.
- Direct interface with customer service leadership of all PolyOne businesses.
- Execution of day-to-day customer service in the event of a work force shortage.
- Participate in interviewing and hiring process for new CSRs.
- Maintain CSR role for specified area and act as backup for other CSRs.
- Schedule and lead training sessions as needed.
- Up to 30% travel within the USA and MX.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Strong communication and interpersonal skills – telephone, e-mail, written correspondence
Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures – previous customer service experience preferred
Computer proficiency in Windows, Excel, Word
Full knowledge of internal job-related systems and processes
Complete knowledge of ISO procedures for related area of work
Strong analytical and interpretive skills
Ability to handle multiple tasks, manage time, and prioritize tasks based on customer needs
- Previous SAP experience preferred
- Minimum 5-7 years prior Customer Service experience required
- 1-3 year’s supervisory experience preferred
- Industry experience and experience working with sellers, is preferred
We offer a competitive salary, incentive and benefit plan to eligible employees. Benefits include medical, dental, vision,life insurance, disability, spending accounts and 401(k).
PolyOne Corporation is a drug free workplace. PolyOne is an equal opportunity employer. We maintain a policy of non-discrimination in providing equal employment to all qualified employees and candidates regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran’s status, or other legally protected classification in accordance with applicable state and local law.
Previous Job Searches