Mid-level industry position
The CDQI Coding Manager coordinates the day to day operations of the Documentation and Coding program by overseeing the workflow of the clinical coding team, facilitating staff and client communications and serving as a liaison between staff and management team members. Additional responsibilities include training new employees, providing coaching and counseling for employees as needed and serving as a project team member for initiatives pertaining to the continued development of the Documentation and Coding Program.
- Provides day to day supervision and coordination of staffing assignments for the Coding team
- Conducts technical training and coaching sessions for new employees and existing staff
- Strategically supports the continued development of the medical record review and quality improvement processes and resource tools through project team involvement and leadership
- Performs quality audits on all vendor charts as well as internal coding team charts on a quarterly basis
- Ensure that established coding standards are consistently applied in all processes
- Provides input and feedback on employee performance and conducts counseling and disciplinary actions as necessary
- Participate in after-hours provider education and training activities
- Prepare and update training material for provider education
- Prepare and update/maintain Provider ToolKit
- Supports CMS and health plans’ Risk Adjustment Data Validation (RADV) and Medicare Advantage Quality Review (MAQR) projects
- Serve as a subject matter expert in documentation and coding to the organization and providers and office staff
- Provide periodic written reports as requested
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with physicians and office staff
- Maintain team coding accuracy rate of 95% or better
- Other duties as assigned
- Current, unrestricted coding certificate (CPC, CCS, CRC)
- Knowledge of Medicare Risk Adjustment and Hierarchical Condition Categories: HCC
- Knowledge ICD-10, CPT and HCPCS codes and descriptions
- Experience interacting with multiple levels of management including, clients, vendors, and healthcare providers
- Experience working collaboratively with teams to solve complex problems.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evening and weekend hours and travel as necessary to training and provider’s offices.
- Intermediate Proficiency in the use of Word, Excel, Outlook
- Valid California Driver license and proof of insurance
- 2+ years of Supervisory or Management or Team Lead experience highly preferred
- Intermediate proficiency with PowerPoint and the Internet
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment Job Keywords: CDQI Coding Manager, La Palma, California, CA. Product manager, process improvement, SalesForce, business analyst, healthcare, process maps, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, SharePoint
- Job FamilyBusiness Operations
- affordable and quality health care should be available to everyone.
The fraudulent emails, which do not originate from any of UnitedHealth Group’s email domains, or those of any of its operating divisions, supposedly ask recipients to contact the sender to start the company’s hiring process by downloading software and/or requesting a fee. UnitedHealth Group will never request you download software or pay a fee of any sort to explore employment opportunities with our company.
If you wish to verify the legitimacy of any email purporting to have been sent by or on behalf of UnitedHealth Group recruiters, please call 1-800-561-0861 between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. CT, Monday - Friday, for assistance. You also may inquire via email to email@example.com.
© 2019 Optum Global Solutions (Ireland) Limited. All rights reserved.
UnitedHealth Group is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or accommodation for any part of the application process, or you encounter technical difficulties, please call 1-800-561-0861 between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. CT, Monday - Friday, for assistance.
UnitedHealth Group is a registered service mark of UnitedHealth Group, Inc. The UnitedHealth Group name with the dimensional logo, as well as the dimensional logo alone, are both service marks for the UnitedHealth Group, Inc.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.