Mid-level industry position
External Description:RESPONSIBILITIES:In this role, you will build logic on embedded systems that captures and processes vehicle sensor and usage data and securely transmits those data to the cloud. You will have the opportunity to directly impact product and technology initiatives at Polaris. The ideal candidate possesses strong design, coding, testing, problem solving, and communication skills, and is effective in a fast-paced Agile Development environment.
- Design and develop next-generation telematics functionality on embedded Linux systems
- Engage in rapid prototyping and technical proof of concept activities
- Refine requirements by articulating feasibility and cost/benefit tradeoffs
- Estimate development and test effort and identify planning dependencies
- Quickly understand hardware architecture capabilities & limitations, identify risks and propose solutions
- Integrate new telematics logic with existing infotainment firmware
- Work with Polaris team members and external vendors in multiple locations
- Closely collaborate with cloud and mobile engineers, participate in team-wide design reviews
- Conduct bench and vehicle unit testing, invest heavily in test automation
- Assist with integration testing including cloud telemetry ingestion and vehicle configuration updates
- Maintain a security-focused mindset
- At least 3+ years of hands-on development experience in C/C++. Emphasis on Strong C++.
- Solid knowledge and hands-on project experience in software projects using Linux
- Excellent knowledge of compilers & debuggers for ARM-based development
- Deep knowledge of unit testing strategies to ensure appropriate test coverage
- Solid understanding of software configuration management and continuous integration tools
- Experience in agile collaboration models (e.g. Kanban/Scrum) with deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Advantageous for consideration:
- General understanding of OTA update mechanisms and related security requirements
- General understanding of vehicle cellular connectivity: APN, VPN, eSIM, etc
- Experience with wired (USB, Ethernet) and wireless (Bluetooth, WiFi) communication
- Knowledge with multiple communication protocols: UDP, TCP, HTTP, FTP, HTTP, MQTT, CoAP, etc
- Knowledge of digital encryption and signature technologies: TLS, SSL, Secure Boot, Trusted Platform Modules (TPM), Security Certificate Management, AES, Encryption at rest, etc
- Experience using CAN stack software (SocketCAN, CANAnalyer, Kvaser, Vector, etc)
- Experience with automotive diagnostic software, such as ODX
- Exposure to product DFMEA (Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis)
- Hardware-In-The-Loop simulation experience
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field.
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. EEO/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled QID for the EEO Statement - 89594 EEO StatementPolaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.