Assistant professor / lecturer
Applicants are to clearly demonstrate how they satisfy the selection criteria in their written submissions and must identify the competition number they are applying for in the subject line of the email.
This competition may be used to establish a 12 month eligibility list of qualified candidates for future vacancies.
Red River College is a leader in applied learning and innovation. Our talented team of employees is passionate about education, innovation, and student success. We offer competitive salaries, extensive benefits, and the opportunity for personal and professional growth in a rewarding career.
We seek diversity in our workplace, Aboriginal persons, women, visible minorities, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
This position reports directly to the Chair of the Construction Trades department, and under the direction of the departmental coordinators. The successful candidate will provide equipment maintenance, general guidance and technical assistance to students in a variety of trades programs. The candidate will also organize and maintain shop materials and equipment, maintain proper safety standards and follow safety procedures for use and repair of tools and equipment. The candidate may also be required to set up equipment before classes begin, and remove and store equipment after classes as well as maintain an inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Relevant experience in construction and/or related materials management
- Critical thinking/troubleshooting skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to assist in maintaining supplies inventory and obtaining quotations for ordering same
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as in small to large group settings
- Ability to present material to groups with the use of appropriate technology
- Values Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Commitment to lifelong learning
- Forklift operations license
- This position may be required to work evenings and/or weekends
- This position is subject to audiometric assessments
- Incumbent must be physically capable of performing the duties and responsibilities of the position. A medical certificate from a certified physician will be required.