Executive / senior industry position
Bausch Health Companies Inc. (NYSE/TSX: BHC) is a global company that develops, manufactures and markets a range of pharmaceutical, medical device and over-the-counter products, primarily in the therapeutic areas of eye health, gastroenterology and dermatology. We are delivering on our commitments as we build an innovative company dedicated to advancing global health. Each day, Bausch Health products are used by up to 150 million people around the world.
Our approximately 21,000 employees are united around our mission of improving people’s lives with our health care products, and we manufacture and market health care products directly or indirectly in approximately 100 countries.
The Director, Professional Relations is responsible for building and executing our Professional Relations and Communications strategies, developing and implementing strategically aligned professional communications tactical plans, and flawless execution of corresponding professional relations programs in support of pre-launch products, launch products and in-line products across our Bausch & Lomb U.S. Surgical businesses. This individual should have a strong medical/scientific acumen and be able to work cross-functionally with the marketing teams, sales personnel, Key Opinion Leaders, agencies, publications and customers. Responsibilities include:
- Identify and cultivate relationships with key opinion leaders, patient support groups and other healthcare organizations and associations
- Be able to engage, present to, and train KOL and speakers
- Work with physicians to guide strategic content through presentations, articles and video content
- Responsible for Key account targeting with field sales team focusing on driving business conversion through KOL engagement
- Responsible for engagement and distribution of consultant communications
Meetings and Education:
- Coordinate and assist with advisory board meetings and events and interface directly with surgeons to ensure participation and details are handled efficiently
- Assist with executing the education strategy by managing the organization of the programs and managing logistics through internal and external resources
- Work with professional education team, marketing team, medical affairs and medical education agencies to flawlessly execute professional education programs to drive revenue and market share growth for our surgical products that are compliant with including but not limited to:
- Promotional slide kits
- Product monographs
- Webinars, tele-symposia and other non-personnel medical education programs
- Using therapeutic/scientific knowledge, strategic brand direction and KOL/customer insights, elucidate professional/medical education strategies and prepare corresponding medical education strategic plans for key brands
- Develop the professional relations communications plan and execute for the surgical business including Equipment, IOLs, Viscoelastics, Lasers and Instruments..
- Work with Marketing and Sales to recommend collateral materials supporting marketing programs that drive increased sales of B+L products.
- Assist in the Product Launch process for all new products ensuring KOLs and physicians are exposed repeatedly to our marketing messaging for each new device.
- Monitor special promotions for effectiveness and analyze and report on progress against objectives.
- Support the Direct Marketing strategy with clinical information and reference to ensure alignment of messaging to the professional community
- Quickly gain a full understanding the data set for the respective brands
- Seek, identify and present (verbal & written) scientific data supportive of brand communication strategy
- Work with external & internal stakeholders to drive share of voice for B&L surgical technologies on podium and in trade journals.
- BSc/BA in any of the life sciences preferred. Advanced degree in health related field and/or life sciences or equivalent experience is desirable.
- 7+ years experience in a Commercial Customer Engagement role. Experience in ophthalmology is desirable.
- Experience developing and implementing tactical plans and tactics.
- Solid scientific background and medical/clinical knowledge.
- Strong cross-functional and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and project management skills across multiple projects.
- Able and willing to travel domestically – up to 50% of the time.
- Ability to build solid relationships with top opinion leaders and become a trusted and respected partner.
- Strong working knowledge of relevant codes, regulations and guidelines (eg. PHRMA code, Sunshine act, etc.)
Share on your newsfeed Bausch Health Companies Inc. is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.