Mid-level industry position
SWork that matters, fueled by passion for pets! At Hill’s we have a purpose. Every day around the world, we transform the lives of millions of pet families through pioneering innovation, amazing nutrition, and the best and brightest people. Founded more than 75 years ago with an unwavering commitment to pet nutrition, Hills' mission is to help enrich and lengthen the special relationships between people and their pets.
HILL'S® Prescription Diet® therapeutic pet foods, HILL'S® Science Diet® and HILL'S® Ideal Balance™ wellness pet foods are sold worldwide. Hill’s is a division of Colgate-Palmolive, a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition, with sales of products in more than 200 countries. To learn more about Hill's and Colgate, please visit http://www.hillspet.com and http://www.colgatepalmolive.com, or find us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Location: Richmond, Indiana, United States Relocation Assistance Offered Within Country # 72761
The Electricals Controls Engineer is responsible for driving effective management and continuous improvement of the facility’s electrical and control systems. Also responsible for managing capital projects, supporting daily plant operations and managing the technology transfer process.
- Responsible for all aspects of capital project management: Management of Change (MOC), project definition, project planning, capital expenditure management, project timeline management, training, and technology transfer associated with capital projects related to plant floor systems and integrated manufacturing systems (IMS).
- Responsible for the design, specification, development, installation, plant start-up, troubleshooting, and technology transfer for new products/equipment and cost-saving initiatives, including collaboration with global process engineering for design standardization.
- Support programming and development of PLCs (Programmable Logic Controller) and SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) systems.
- Implement and conduct operator training of electrical controls of new equipment and components.
- Function as a technical resource and troubleshooting resource for plant operations.
- Coordinate Electrical contractor activities to include prepare scopes of work, conduct bid meeting and supervise installation of new systems.
- Accountable for a reliable electrical power distribution system.
- Devise and develop electrical standards. Ensures compliance with industry practices and regulatory agency requirements.
- Develop and implement calibration procedures for new instruments. Writes technical documentation and guidelines for operating and maintenance procedures.
- Manage activities of System Integrators.
- Source and purchase external technology/equipment/instrumentation by monitoring trends, identifying innovative ideas and integrating them into our manufacturing processes.
- Accountable for ensuring compliance w/ CP/ Hills, local, state, and federal standards and guidelines related to EOHS, Quality, and Regulatory.
- Supports implementation of Quality Assurance and Food Safety initiatives. Ensure personnel adheres to Hill’s policies, safety standards, and Good Manufacturing Practices, including Quality Assurance and Food Safety.
- At least 3 years of manufacturing experience.
- At least 3 years’ experience in PLCs, Instrumentation and Computer Hardware and Software.
- Application of project management fundamentals.
- Proficient in Statistical Process Control, CP and Continuous Improvement Methodologies.
- Computer programming skills.
Are you interested in working for Hill's Pet Nutrition? You can apply to work with us using this online application. Attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process.
Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Equal Opportunity Employer Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.