Mid-level industry position
Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. Bring your skills and talents to a role where you'll have the opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Business Systems Analyst delivers solutions to complex business problems with consideration to business need and the capacity and limitation of associated business systems, evaluating system changes for downstream impact.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead the analysis and development of business requirements through a variety of techniques and methods, including, but not limited to; interviews, facilitated sessions, prototypes and observation.
- Conduct current state analysis to gather current functional and non - functional business requirements, constraints and dependencies (i.e., define the "as-is" state).
- Document future state business and system needs using appropriate tools / processes (e.g., develop "to-be" process maps and context diagrams).
- Recognize opportunities and make recommendations to help business partners work more effectively and efficiently and / or increased quality and reliability.
- Participate in the prioritization of business requirements throughout the entire project life cycle by working with the business partners and development teams.
- Enforce the change management process and capture all approved changes to requirements.
- Participate in the review of quality assurance test plans to validate new processes and systems meet business requirements.
- Display exceptional attention to detail and deliver consistent quality work product.
- Serve on projects teams. Contribute to the development of project work plans by estimating work effort for requirements analysis activity and reporting clear and accurate work status.
- Ensure all data sharing and data flows meet HIPAA, security, and minimum necessary standards; collaborate with IT security, Compliance and HR departments as needed
- Collaborate with business units, vendors, and partners to identify and meet data reporting needs related to clinical quality metrics
- Bachelor's degree and / or related functional area or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of experience working on healthcare systems within the Clinical Data Domain; understanding of medical terminology, PBM or payer concepts.
- 6+ years of experience working as a BA, interacting with both IT and Business.
- 2+ years of experience facilitating and leading data solution design, architecture & delivery planning activities across geographically diverse and multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to gather detailed requirements, writing business requirements for clinical data applications and data interfaces
- General understanding of standard health care file formats included CCD, CCDA, XML, V3, C32, HL7, ORU, etc.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, SharePoint, knowledge of SQL and Identifies and resolves issues and roadblocks inhibiting completion of milestones.
- Experience in healthcare vertical including EMR, HIE or other provider or clinical data integration systems
- Experience with Waterfall, Agile / Scrum and RUP project delivery methodologies.
- Ability to adapt to change, work independently, organize work effectively and take initiative in fast-paced work environment while managing multiple tasks and deliverables simultaneously.
- Ability to quickly acquire and apply knowledge to negotiation, facilitation and consensus building.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work. (sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: CCD, CCDA, XML, V3, C32, HL7, ORU, telecommute, Analyst, EMR, HIE, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Remote, Work from home, Phoenix, AZ, Arizona
- Job FamilyTechnology
- affordable and quality health care should be available to everyone.
The fraudulent emails, which do not originate from any of UnitedHealth Group’s email domains, or those of any of its operating divisions, supposedly ask recipients to contact the sender to start the company’s hiring process by downloading software and/or requesting a fee. UnitedHealth Group will never request you download software or pay a fee of any sort to explore employment opportunities with our company.
If you wish to verify the legitimacy of any email purporting to have been sent by or on behalf of UnitedHealth Group recruiters, please call 1-800-561-0861 between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. CT, Monday - Friday, for assistance. You also may inquire via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2019 Optum Global Solutions (Ireland) Limited. All rights reserved.
UnitedHealth Group is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or accommodation for any part of the application process, or you encounter technical difficulties, please call 1-800-561-0861 between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. CT, Monday - Friday, for assistance.
UnitedHealth Group is a registered service mark of UnitedHealth Group, Inc. The UnitedHealth Group name with the dimensional logo, as well as the dimensional logo alone, are both service marks for the UnitedHealth Group, Inc.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Mid-level industry position