You have high standards. So do we. Here at UnitedHealth Group, this includes offering an innovative new standard for care management. It goes beyond counseling services and verified referrals to programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. That means you’ll have an opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale - as part of an incredible team culture that’s defining the future of behavioral health care. This is an Outpatient Mental Health Care Advocate position that deals specifically with families impacted by autism and it is desired that the candidate have experience with autism spectrum disorders, as well as, Intensive Behavioral therapies such as applied behavior analysis. You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Obtaining information from providers on outpatient requests for treatment
- Determining if additional clinical treatment sessions are needed
- Managing outpatient mental health cases throughout the entire treatment plan
- Administering benefits and reviewing treatment plans
- Coordinating benefits and transitions between various areas of care
- Identifying ways to add value to treatment plans and consulting with facility staff or outpatient care providers on those ideas
You’ll find the pace fast and the challenges ongoing. We’ll expect you to achieve and document measurable results. You’ll also need to think and act quickly while working with a diverse member population.
- Active and unrestricted license - LCSW, LPC , LMFT, Licensed Psychologist, with experience in behavioral in the state which you reside
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience in a related mental health environment
- Experience working with Autism children / adolescents
- Computer literacy in a Windows environment, including MS Word
- Must have the ability to talk on the phone and type at the same time
- Demonstrated telephonic / office - based experience
- Experience working in an environment that required coordination of benefits and utilization of multiple groups and resources for patients
- ABA Certification
Discover a diversified health services and innovation company where data, technology, people and action combine to make great things happen every day – and where every day is another opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. Job Keywords: Care Advocate, BCBA, Therapist, Counselor, Psychologist, LCSW, LP, LPCC, MFT, PMHN, Managed Care, Case Manager, Care Manager, Care Advocate, UHG, Optum, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, WFH, work at home
- Job FamilyBehavioral
Job Location Information
- affordable and quality health care should be available to everyone.
The fraudulent emails, which do not originate from any of UnitedHealth Group’s email domains, or those of any of its operating divisions, supposedly ask recipients to contact the sender to start the company’s hiring process by downloading software and/or requesting a fee. UnitedHealth Group will never request you download software or pay a fee of any sort to explore employment opportunities with our company.
If you wish to verify the legitimacy of any email purporting to have been sent by or on behalf of UnitedHealth Group recruiters, please call 1-800-561-0861 between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. CT, Monday - Friday, for assistance. You also may inquire via email to email@example.com.
© 2019 Optum Global Solutions (Ireland) Limited. All rights reserved.
UnitedHealth Group is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or accommodation for any part of the application process, or you encounter technical difficulties, please call 1-800-561-0861 between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. CT, Monday - Friday, for assistance.
UnitedHealth Group is a registered service mark of UnitedHealth Group, Inc. The UnitedHealth Group name with the dimensional logo, as well as the dimensional logo alone, are both service marks for the UnitedHealth Group, Inc.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Mid-level industry position
Nashville , United States