Mid-level industry position
Share this Job
Date: May 15, 2019
People. They're our strength. Our collective intelligence. Our competitive advantage. At Boston Scientific, we're committed to creating a supportive atmosphere that encourages, motivates and recognizes outstanding individual performance. Our philosophy is simple: we applaud effort. We reward great results. . Working at Boston Scientific, you're given the space and freedom to wonder ‘what if?' We know that a single idea can make a big difference in the lives of patients.
We are currently looking for an experienced Project Manager to join our Galway team on a fixted term or permanent basis.
*Please note that this role is at a senior engineering level.
- People Management: Manages small cross-functional development teams (with assistance); leads teams effectively; provides input to functional managers on team and team member performance.
- Product/Technology Management: Manages the technical challenges of technology application and new product development; identifies, communicates, and manages low levels of technical risk.
- Project/Program Management: Manages key initiating, planning, executing, controlling, and closing processes; develops (with assistance) and implements project plan; builds team ownership and commitment to project plan.
- Process Management: Implements TDP/PDP; leads team to complete activities to current policies and practices; keeps documentation organized, creates Scaling Plan and Design History File for the project.
- Communications and Reviews: Responsible for team and cross-functional communications; liaison between the team and the PIB; leads (with assistance) phase and business reviews, project meeting minutes, issues log, metrics, and other key communications.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- Strong experience in project managing significant new product activities that require collaboration with Divisional R&D, Program Management, Regulatory Affairs, Design Assurance, Process Development, Sustaining Engineering and Operations.
- Proven leadership skills in change management and project management
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communications to project team and all stakeholders
- Must be strong in people management and team building.
- Must be proficient with MS Project.
Preferred Education and Experience
- BS degree (min HETAC level 8/ 240 credits) in Engineering: electrical, mechanical, industrial, software, manufacturing; and a Masters or Qualification in Project Management would be preferred.
- 4+ years of project management/operations/new product development experience
- Experience with development of medical devices a plus.
- Strong communication skills across all levels in organisation
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Find similar jobs: