Executive / senior industry position
As the largest health insurance payor in the United States, and as one of the largest healthcare services providers, UnitedHealth Group provides a professional culture where you're empowered and encouraged to exceed the expectations of our members, while making a tangible impact on the healthcare ecosystem. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm) The Associate Director will partner with the business to build strong relationships and provide subject matter expertise in terms of Analytics to collaborate on opportunities while leveraging and optimizing data. The successful candidate will contribute to creating and maintaining clear, strategic vision and a plan for bringing actionable, innovative analytic solutions to market. Primary Responsibilities:
- Direct analytic activities to support decision-making across multiple lines of business
- Collaborate with lines of business to understand their analytic needs, act as consultant to propose business solutions, and communicate results of analytics
- Implement process improvement initiatives and automation for efficiency where appropriate
- Anticipates customer needs and proactively develops solutions to meet them
- Research, interpret, and analyze diverse and complex data
- Considerable analytical experience in financial analysis, pricing, network management, economics, or related discipline
- Significant experience in creating and using financial modeling tools, spreadsheets, and information acquisition tools including experience in interpreting and reviewing financial modeling results to evaluate the financial impact of contract changes and develop forecasts
- Minimum of intermediate level of proficiency in performing financial impact analysis, risk management, and data manipulation
- Proficient in research, interpreting, and analyzing diverse and complex data
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Expert level proficiency in MS Excel
- Understanding of SAS or SQL
- Publications or presentation in recognized analytics/ data management journals/conferences
- Experience with healthcare data
Please note you must currently be eligible to work and remain indefinitely without any restrictions in the country to which you are making an application. Proof will be required to support your application. Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm) Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.Job Keywords: Director, Analytics, Finance, SAS, SQL, Excel, Dublin, Ireland
- Job FamilyNetwork Contracting and Pricing
- Business SegmentOptum Operations
Additional Job Detail Information
- affordable and quality health care should be available to everyone.
The fraudulent emails, which do not originate from any of UnitedHealth Group’s email domains, or those of any of its operating divisions, supposedly ask recipients to contact the sender to start the company’s hiring process by downloading software and/or requesting a fee. UnitedHealth Group will never request you download software or pay a fee of any sort to explore employment opportunities with our company.
If you wish to verify the legitimacy of any email purporting to have been sent by or on behalf of UnitedHealth Group recruiters, please call 1-800-561-0861 between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. CT, Monday - Friday, for assistance. You also may inquire via email to email@example.com.
© 2019 Optum Global Solutions (Ireland) Limited. All rights reserved.
UnitedHealth Group is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or accommodation for any part of the application process, or you encounter technical difficulties, please call 1-800-561-0861 between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. CT, Monday - Friday, for assistance.
UnitedHealth Group is a registered service mark of UnitedHealth Group, Inc. The UnitedHealth Group name with the dimensional logo, as well as the dimensional logo alone, are both service marks for the UnitedHealth Group, Inc.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.