The University of Arizona has been listed by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers in the United States and WorldatWork and the Arizona Department of Health Services have recognized us for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop a nationally recognized and continuously funded research program in the field of biophysics, nano-bio-technology, radiogenomics and radiation oncology.
- Demonstrate scholarly activity by publishing results in peer-reviewed journals.
- Develop a projects portfolio from extramural funding through diverse sources such as governmental agencies, industrial contracts, and philanthropy, or technology transfer and platform technology commercialization.
- Participate in both undergraduate and graduate education, and in advising duties and committee assignments.
- Expand collaborative efforts with The University of Arizona biomedical scientists and physician scientists.
- Participate as a productive member of the Center and the College through impactful scholarly work and good citizenship.
- There may be additional duties assigned as it relates to this position.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- PhD or MD in related field
- Post-doctoral training in the proposed area of research
- Demonstrated scholarly accomplishment in research
- Demonstrated experience as principal investigator
- For applicants at the Assistant and Associate Professor level, demonstrated experience as principal investigator and evidence of active extramural funding
- Outstanding record of research accomplishments and publications
- Demonstrated experience in submitting grant proposals, developing industrial alliance and contract(s) and supervising research staff while collaborating with administrators and financial staff members.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively promoting the institutional objectives of the unit and its branding
- Prior teaching experience with Medical and/or graduate students
Faculty / asst. prof. / lecturer
Tucson, Arizona 85721
Tucson , United States