The Department of English in the Shaheen College of Arts and Sciences at the University of Indianapolis is seeking a faculty member beginning in August 2019, for a nine-month, tenure track appointment at the assistant professor level.
Candidates should show expertise in rhetoric and composition and be able to teach courses ranging from introductory composition to advanced courses in the discipline. Expertise or experience in TESOL/TELL and/or linguistics is preferred. Additional expertise in other areas will also be considered.
The Department offers three undergraduate majors (literary studies, creative writing, and professional writing) and an M.A. in English, and teaches a variety of general education courses for students across the University. All faculty teach courses at various levels.
Review of applications will begin on November 15, 2018.
- Teach 24 credit hours per year
- Provide service to the department, college, University, and/or community
- Make scholarly contributions to the discipline
- College teaching experience required
- PhD in Rhetoric and Composition, English, or related field required
- Ability to teach a range of students in a variety of classes
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues in and out of the department
- Participation in service and scholarship activities
- Free Parking
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Tuition Discount
Faculty / asst. prof. / lecturer
1400 East Hanna Avenue, Indianapolis, IN 46227
Indianapolis , United States