The Department of Pharmacy Practice and Science is actively seeking a dynamic individual for an Assistant Professor or Associate Professor, tenure-track position in any area of pharmaceutical outcomes research (e.g., patient reported outcomes research, psychometric analysis, pharmacoeconomics, bioinformatics, biostatistics, large database research, disease modeling). This position offers unique and exciting opportunities to advance the profession through innovative health outcomes scholarship, teaching and service.
The University of Arizona College of Pharmacy is currently ranked among the top 20 colleges of pharmacy in the nation, in both education and research.
The expectation is that the successful applicant will establish an independent and extramurally supported research program. The ideal candidate is someone who can show a track record of funding and/or publications. Teaching is expected in the professional and graduate programs.
Tucson is a rapidly growing and diverse metropolitan area that offers a wide range of affordable housing, many cultural and recreational opportunities, excellent schools, and a strong economy.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been listed by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers in the United States and WorldatWork and the Arizona Department of Health Services have recognized us for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocation services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Have a strong extramurally-funded research program.
- Provide instruction to both professional and graduate programs.
- Develop interdisciplinary research programs within the University and externally.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability and dedication to develop an extramurally-funded research program.
- Ability to participate in scholarship.
- Commitment to excellence in teaching (didactic and experiential) and training of students, residents, fellows, pharmacists and other health professionals.
- PhD in pharmaceutical and/or health outcomes or a related discipline.
- Background in pharmaceutical outcomes research, with preference given to those individuals with a focus in patient reported outcomes research.
- Relevant post-doctoral experience.
Faculty / asst. prof. / lecturer
Tucson, Arizona 85721
Tucson , United States